State government and the Soil Conservation Service
The Soil Conservation Service works with all levels of government to rehabilitate and build Australian environments.
We offer a wide variety of construction, infrastructure and environmental services to deliver high-quality environmental outcomes.
We have a strong history in implementing complex projects for state government agencies. Our specialist team understands what is practical, cost-effective and environmentally friendly in the government context. We can build the right team for your project.
We have a reputation for seamless project management and expert knowledge, backed by decades of experience. Our people are well-trained and offer specialised skills in multiple fields of expertise.
Our environmental services to state government
Our state government projects include:
- Rehabilitating public land, geotechnical landscaping and repairs, aeolian erosion control and revegetation of degraded coastal areas, riverbank protection, sediment control, soil erosion, regrowth and weed clearing.
- Providing construction services including fire trail maintenance and rehabilitation, construction of roads and rehabilitation of railway corridors, construction of dams and contour banks, construction of sewage treatment works, river works, fencing construction, ground works in schools and more.
- Offering environmental consulting including resource planning and assessment, soil surveying and landscape mapping, groundwater mapping and salinity control.
- Maintaining tracks and walking trails. Our expertise in erosion control, trail maintenance and the conservation of native vegetation make us ideally suited for this type of work. We maintain the Great North Walk from Sydney to Newcastle and the Six Foot Track in the Blue Mountains.
- Protecting sensitive infrastructure from erosion. We have designed and constructed solutions for flood exposed high-pressure gas mains, erosion threatened bridge structures, exposed fibre optic cables, water and sewer mains, undercut roads and embankments, exposed fuel pipelines, dam spillways and more.
- Rehabilitation of derelict mines, including specialised revegetation works for contaminated land, capping of waste rock and contaminated material, drainage control works, water treatment, backfilling of open shafts and mine safety works.
State Government procurement
There are provisions within the NSW Procurement Board Direction 2018-03 that mean that NSW Government project managers can directly engage the Soil Conservation Service without going to tender.
To find out more about how we can help, please get in touch:
Phone: 02 9842 8300