Mine remediation and rehabilitation
The Soil Conservation Service has a strong track record in mine remediation and rehabilitation projects.
Increasingly pressure is on extractive industries to reduce the environmental impact of their operations and rehabilitate disturbed areas. Through our support, you can meet regulation or social licence obligations.
Our specialist team can support your mining operation with:
- developing a comprehensive remediation plan
- contractor management
- monitoring, testing and disposal of contaminated material
- community engagement and consultation
- run-off and sediment management
- erosion management and soil construction
- improving soil structure, revegetation and increasing biomass.
The technical knowledge and practical experience of our staff and contractor network will be the difference in your mining remediation project. Through our specialist support you can demonstrate your commitment to sustainable extraction and mine site rehabilitation.
Our specialist team has been recognised in the NSW Civil Construction Federation Earth Awards, winning category 3 ($5-10 million) in 2017 for their work in the Urunga Wetlands project.
Mining companies also continue to use our specialist staff to design and construct erosion and sediment control works.
Please contact us to find out more about our mining, remediation and rehabilitation services.