Local Government and the Soil Conservation Service
The Soil Conservation Service works with all levels of government and the public sector to rehabilitate and build Australian environments.
We offer a wide variety of construction, infrastructure and environmental services to deliver high-quality results. Our projects are founded on a detailed understanding of what is practical, cost-effective and environmentally friendly.
We have a reputation for seamless project management and expert knowledge, backed by decades of experience. Our team is well-trained and offer specialised skills across a range of fields of expertise.
We leverage this expertise to build the right team to deliver your project.
Our services to local government
We are a specialist service provider to local government and have a long track record of successful projects.
Our services to local government include:
- Protecting sensitive infrastructure from erosion. We have designed and constructed solutions for flood exposed high-pressure gas mains, erosion-threatened bridge structures, exposed fibre optic cables, water and sewer mains, undercut roads and embankments, exposed fuel pipelines, dam spillways and more.
- Rehabilitating public land, geotechnical landscaping and repairs, aeolian erosion control and revegetation of degraded coastal areas, riverbank protection, sediment control, soil erosion, regrowth and weed clearing.
- Providing construction services, including trail maintenance and rehabilitation, road construction, construction of dams and contour banks, construction of sewage treatment works, river works, fencing construction and more.
- Specialist environmental consulting including resource planning and assessment, soil surveying and landscape mapping, groundwater mapping and salinity control.
- Maintaining tracks and walking trails. Our expertise in erosion control, trail maintenance and the conservation of native vegetation make us ideally suited for this type of work.
- Rehabilitation of derelict sites including specialised revegetation works for contaminated land, capping of waste rock & contaminated material, drainage control works, water treatment, backfilling of open shafts and mine safety works.
To find out more about how we can help, please get in touch: